On Monday 06 July 2009, Cale Dakwar wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> Please excuse these naive questions but I am new to the field of structural
> biology and need to ask it.
>
> 1) By submitting my structure to the PDB Validation Server for precheck and
> validation, will my structure become publicly available in any way?

It will not.
But if you prefer, you can download the validation tools and run them
on your home computer.

> 2)
> When I finally submit my structure using the ADIT deposition tool,
> which would be the appropriate structure factor amplitudes file to
> include in the deposition: an mtz version of the original sca file obtained
> from HKL2000 not having gone through any refinements, or the final refined
> mtz file outputted by Refmac?

Both.
My standard procedure is to merge the I, sig(I), and Rfree from the
original data processing with the final Fo, Fc, phase, FOM, from refinement.
Then I use the mtz2various tool via ccp4i to convert these columns to
cif format for deposition.