Sorry, I was not trying to criticise.

I have been trying to deal with a number of queries on and off the board
recently where identifying the problem has involved an excessive number
of extra exchanges to obtain information. I therefore thought it
appropriate to provide some suggestions on how to facilitate this
process. I attempted to employ a slightly tongue-in-cheek tone to try
and avoid any impression of criticism, which would have defeated the
point. I gather I did not succeed.

Also, a few users commented on my signature. This was clearly another
humour failure. The attempted joke being that while other people go to
sychrotrons and do science and bring home results, I go to synchrotrons
  and never even see the hardware, let alone do an experiment.

I will try and remember not to attempt humour in future. :(

Kevin