Dear List Members

(with apologies for cross-posting)

I am pleased to announce that the poetry and music reading and performance series Sundays at the Oto will be reborn from autumn onwards as Diverse Deeds, held still at Cafe Oto (18-22 Ashwin Street, Dalston, London E8 3DL), but on evenings, mainly it is hoped Thursday or Wednesday, approximately once a month. The first event will have as poets John James and Sean Bonney, on September 24th. Music is yet to be arranged, but will be an element.

The programme for the rest of the year is now being set up. The specific dates will need to be negotiated with Cafe Oto, and balanced against other events in London, but the event is not tied to a repeated day in the month. If anyone from outside London, indeed from outside UK, who might wish to read or perform, suggests dates when they will be In London, I can see what can be arranged. Similarly I would be interested in considering any suggestions by List Members as to performers (poetry read or performed, music, multimedia etc), especially where poets and musicians are working together.

A MySpace page is being set up, and a Facebook group. Details will be given on www.asifyourlife.blogspot.com. It is planned to increase the level of publicity from that of Sundays at the O, to attract not just the cognoscenti (who I hope will carry on flocking to sunny Dalston), but a wide range of interested people.

best wishes

Peter Philpott