Dear all

We are now well into the summer term and before the end of August JISC
Digital Media have 9 courses running.

If you're very quick there is still time to book on our new Digitising Analogue
Video Recordings workshop.  This is a very hands-on course looking at how to
digitise video materials to archival standards and investigates the challenges
of creating a sustainable digital collection.  It is also running again on the
fourth of August.  <http://bit.ly/5D68F>

An Introduction to Image Metadata will be invaluable if you are currently
looking into suitable methods of recording metadata for your collection.  If
you're in doubt about which schema to use, or indeed just want to find out
what exactly a schema is, then this course will be ideal.  <http://bit.ly/kHHTe>

A new date for Audio Production has been scheduled for the 23rd of July as
the course on the 8th of July is now full. <http://bit.ly/EARiu>

If you are interested in learning more about how to effectively use a digital
SLR camera than our courses in July will be ideal.  Getting Started with Your
SLR <http://bit.ly/GSwtf> on the 21st July is for anybody wanting to learn a
bit more about the basic functions of an SLR camera and  get some hands-on
practice.  Taking Control of Your Digital SLR <http://bit.ly/19LGHb> on the
22nd July concentrates in more detail on the technical aspects of using an
SLR camera and also looks at how to utilise different forms of lighting in order
to take the most effective pictures.

Do you know how to get exactly the right size digital image for the purpose in
hand from your scanner?  If not and you would like to further your skills in
both photography and scanning then the image capture courses will make sure
that you understand all the vital principles involved in capturing digital
images.  They are taking place on the 28th <http://bit.ly/FiO2s> and 29th July
<http://bit.ly/1377FI>.

Using Digital media in VLEs <http://bit.ly/osFDV> is a brand new course which
focuses on the effective use of digital media in presentations and online usage
including the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). During the workshop
attendees will discover how to improve the design of their presentation
resources, know when and how digital media can be used to enhance learning
materials and be able to successfully embed material in the VLE.

The full calendar and booking form are available here:
<http://www.jiscdigitalmedia.ac.uk/training/>

For more information on any of these courses, or for other training enquiries
regarding one-to-one training or in-house training please contact me.

Dave Kilbey, Training Officer and Co-ordinator
JISC Digital Media - A JISC Advisory Service

Still images, moving images and sound advice

Free Helpdesk for UK Further and Higher Education:
Online advice documents: <http://www.jiscdigitalmedia.ac.uk/>
Hands-on training: <http://www.jiscdigitalmedia.ac.uk/training/>

Tel: 0117 3314332