Hi

We have recently received some papers of Joan Mary Bosdet (1916-1996)
who had a varied career working for the British Council, as a school
Inspector and later in life in the area of museum education. The papers
comprise about 7 small archive boxes of travel logs from Bosdet's visits
abroad from 1959-1991. The log books cover a wide range of countries
including America, Canada and New Zealand. They are a comprehensive
resource and contain a lot of information on the countries she visited -
particularly the work of museums. A number of these visits also appear
to have been as part of Advisory Council for Education (ACE) deputations
and conferences for international museum professional organisations.
There is also another box still at the house of the depositor relating
to Bosdet's work as a Wren during the Second World War. However as they
do not relate strictly to education they do not come within our
collection policy. The papers were received from an elderly depositor
who is keen for them to be retained and made accessible in an archive
service although I realise their content means finding a permanent home
for them may be difficult. If anyone is interested in the collection, or
would like any further information, please let me know. They are
currently here with us at the Institute of Education in London and we
would be able to organise their transfer.

Best Wishes

Becky

Becky Webster

Deputy Archivist

Information Services
Institute of Education, University of London
20 Bedford Way
London WC1H 0AL

Email: [log in to unmask]

Tel: +44 (0)20 7911 5483