Most illuminating! The questions did seem designed to bring out any responses possible which could then be jumped on. It's annoying as it's articles like these that generate a level of hostility to equal opportunities work by making the common majority feel aggrieved - it's my belief that this actively retards the growth of equality initiatives.
Thanks for sharing that.
Kirsteen
From: HE Administrators equal opportunities list [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sarah Guise [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 23 July 2009 17:31
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: The Sunday Times - freedom of information request concerning Equality and Diversity training and terminology

Dear All,

A quick search on Chris Hastings/political correctness reveals the
extent of his political leanings and attitude to taxpayers' money...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1570465/Political-correctness-inf
ests-the-pantomime.html

http://www.asylumnation.com/asylum/_r/showthread/threadid_28840/index.ht
ml

http://www.journalisted.com/chris-hastings?allarticles=yes

I have adapted our response to question 5 in line with Mel's point about
offering specific training on the issue of language (rather than
diversity training).

Best wishes,

Sarah