Sean,

The fact that you are seeing this problem with plasma ( but not serum )
makes me wonder if some of these plasma samples contain platelets, which
could be lysed during the assay, releasing LD.

Do you remove all platelets from plasma with your current combination of g
force and centrifugation time ( check platelet count of  plasma samples
using  haematology analyser )?

The patient with idiopathic thrombocytopoenic purpura, however, is difficult
to explain.

How hard would it be omit NADH from your LD assay mixture, and monitor
absorbance changes for serum and plasma samples causing you problems?

I am sure that Beckman could provide you with the reagent formulation in
confidence.

This would then allow you to resolve whether the interference was chemical
or optical.

We had a similar problem many years ago.

I have attached the paper summarising our investigations.

Hope this helps, and it would be interesting to know what you find.

Kind regards,

Michael Peake,

Flinders Medical Centre,

Adelaide,