WP Charles Krauthammer - Obama Will Settle for Less on Health Care - washingtonpost.com

Well, the values and angles he’s espousing come close to being evil.  And the piece is seriously misleading about what Obama has done.  The numbers refer to the House bill, not Obama’s proposals.  Obama did not have to “flip through” the tax code: he proposed a perfectly reasonable way to find a lot of the money, namely changing the size of tax deductions for high-income people, and those “fiscal conservatives” who are looking for a “bipartisan” deal in the Senate rejected it.

That said, yeah, it’s dying on the vine.

From: Anglo-American Health Policy Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David Wilsford
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2009 8:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: WP Charles Krauthammer - Obama Will Settle for Less on Health Care - washingtonpost.com

Good Lord, I don't often agree with Charles Krauthammer, but I think his analysis in this morning's WP has the next six months of this process right on target.
Yours
DW

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/30/AR2009073002819_2.html?wpisrc=newsletter&wpisrc=newsletter&sid=ST2009073002826