Alistair

Thanks for the respsonse :-)

I figure the maps would be made by yourself.
But supporting that, i think there are loads of maps.
My money would be on Jung, Joseph Campbell and magic realism like Cervantes,
Castaneda and Marquez. I would look to the arts generally rather that science or
psychology.
Personally, I found Moore and Gillette, and Sam Keen very useful.
http://www.amazon.com/King-Warrior-Magician-Lover-Rediscovering/dp/0062506064
http://www.samkeen.com/
The Greek myths and epic narratives, like Gilgamesh, could work also.
Religious narrative, Pilgrims Progress, Sufism, James Joyce, Tolkien, Clive Barker, Kurt
Vonnegut, Terry Pratchett, Second Life !
Jung may be a bit archaic but all that archetypal stuff, active imagination, alchemical
symbolism, anima and animus and the Puer Aeternus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puer_aeternus would be ideal given Bear Grylls is mentioned
in this dialogue.

Who would supply your maps ?
Or anyone else for that matter ?