From the comments I received on Twitter and in response to Saturday's blog
post on "Have You Claimed Your Personal And Institutional Facebook Vanity
URL?" [1] it seems some people were up very early to claim their short URL
for their institutional page on Facebook.

And in the light of the recent demise of the Hero.ac.uk portal, perhaps
there's an even greater need to provide marketing information about and
links to our institutional Web site.

But what are the emerging best practices for:

 o Naming conventions
 o Workflow processes
 o Content provided
 o Levels of resources provided
 o ...

I've raised these issues in more depth at:
http://ukwebfocus.wordpress.com/2009/06/15/which-will-last-longer-hero-ac-uk
-or-facebook/

I'm also wondering whether there would be any interest in a bar camp on this
at IWMW 2009.

Thanks

Brian