On Jun 19, 2009, at 9:45 AM, Brad Cavanagh wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2009, at 9:36 AM, Tim Jenness wrote:
>
>> This needs discussion. The 64-bit is an easy decision simply
>> because Tiger doesn't do 64-bit properly so there is no issue. Is
>> there a driver for going to Leopard on the 32-bit systems? (apart
>> from us warning people that we would go last time).
>
> It's easier for me to build on my laptop because I can take it with
> me and work on it at home?

And there is in principal no reason why we could not release both. We
are very close to having an automated build that you don't have to
hand craft. The perl modules are the sticking point.

This time round the trick will be to do the cpan perl install of the
first system (eg your linux desktop) using shipwright and a separate
git repository. The main shipwright issue revolves around tests having
to pass so some manually patching in the shipwright tree (and commit -
maybe on a branch) will be requires on each system to either fix tests
or disable them. You have to bite this bullet.

--
Tim Jenness
Joint Astronomy Centre