On Mon, 29 Jun 2009, Tom Marsh wrote:

> sorry if this is a repeat; our system developed a problem just as I
> replied to your message. Are you sure that g95 is the problem? I was
> trying to compile everything under gfortran, but g95 was in my path ...

> I assumed from the README that gfortran would take precedence,

No g95 is preferred over gfortran and will be picked from the PATH when
both are present.

(the preference order is: g95 lf95 f95 fort xlf95 ifc efc pgf95 gfortran
f90 xlf90 pgf90 epcf90 g77 f77 xlf frt pgf77 fort77 fl32 af77 'f77
-old_f77').

The only way to force this choice is by using the "FC" and "F77"
environment variables to define this before running configure (in fact I
never let the preference order make the choice of compilers).

Cheers,

Peter.

(ps, sorry, I see what you mean about the README, that must have gotten
out of date at some point, I'll fix that).