On Fri, 26 Jun 2009, Tom Marsh wrote:

> I thought you should know that I am still encountering the problem with
> rit/match/match. This is after three start-from-scratch attempted
> re-installs today. I can work round it with Peter's suggested fix, but
> it still appears that something is wrong:
>

> Initialized empty Git repository in
> /home/phsaap/software/starlink/thirdparty/rit/match/match/.git/
> fatal: http://starlink.jach.hawaii.edu/match/info/refs not found: did you
> run git update-server-info on the server?
> Clone of 'http://starlink.jach.hawaii.edu/match' into submodule path
> 'thirdparty/rit/match/match' failed
> ERROR: failed to update a submodule

Seems that something weird is going on with HTTP access. I've just done a
fresh:

   git clone http://starlink.jach.hawaii.edu/starlink.git starlink

but when I look at the git log I see:

commit d26cdffebcee880dcc6af21bfe2dea701797ffb5
Author: David Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:   Sat Jun 20 14:18:12 2009 +0100

     kaplibs: Another autogrid tweak (fixes Dr_fault 20080616.003)

at the top. That commit is clearly not the current HEAD on master.

A git pull reports:

   Already up-to-date.

---

Tim, I'm baffled, but there is this: