Contrasts look good.

It really depends on the question you want to answer. The multiple row
contrast test whether any of the conditions are significantly different than
zero. The single row contrast, tests whether the average effect is
significantly different than zero.

When you say that F-values are greater. Do you mean the F-values are greater
or the p-values are smaller or both? With the global average, the F-values
could be greater, but the p-values could also be larger (less significant)
due to the different numerator df.

--
Best Regards, Donald McLaren