Could anyone help Glyn, who organises Kipling events, and is looking online for more about Kipling's father, John Lockwood Kipling. I have mentioned Andrew Lycett's Rudyard Kipling which gives something of his early life.
Glyn writes:
I am also thinking about another in Skipton, where I have a good venue. It strikes me it would be sensible to do more on the Yorkshire forebears, especialy John Lockwood, I have checked the books I have to hand, and done a quick google, and have found that he was born in
Pickering and went to Woodhouse Grove, but I thought there was a direct Skipton connection, and can find no reference. Do you know of anywhere on-line I can find out more about Lockwood's early life?
Please reply to Glyn at [log in to unmask] .
With best wishes to all,
Jane Keskar
Honorary Secretary