>..s'just an appalling disgrace, travesty of justice, excluded by the unfair
squares for bein a prosopographer who can perform in that role, deliniate
tics 'n idiosyncrasies into the fully rounded drip, drip, drip of a
perorating pontificator droning at length on any major to minor aspect of
the craft - OUR craft, the shared Work of eternity and flying on that rhythm
within we hear when listening intently to sky - sea - stone and soul yah..<
Quite so (grin)

What really triggered the don't-take-this-in alarms for me were the multiple
scenes shot at places I recognised: at moments like those the monumental
fakery of tv tends to flood in.
I couldn't help noticing how little attempt the programme made to relate the
poem to its time ( you could contrast this with the Beowulf programme last
week ).

And, yes, I think now in the interests of equity the BBC ought to give every
poet alive a sixty minute slot to promote their latest book and pretend it's
a documentary.

I also think that the museum service should be run by second-hand
shopkeepers.

Best (good to hear you Desmond)

Dave

--