The negativity I associate with the word craft is connected to what I
said in an earlier post about the way the word was bandied about back
in the 80's - a huge part of the 'poetry workshop' mentality,
something which put artificial limits on what a poem could and
couldn't do etc.

As for 'learning/using both', well, if someone has in their head an
notion of what they are, even provisionally, fair enough.
Tim A.