Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10054, phase=RECEIVE, target=10.0.0.37:2306). The server is probably not started. JISCMail - NEW-MEDIA-CURATING Archives

Since the rounding up of the Preservation Project of Dutch video art
collections
in 2003 I am more and more focusing on practice and case study based
research into
the conservation of media art installations and life art, and the
accessibility
of media art archives. A challenging area in need for platforms to
exchange
experience, opinions and discourse a.o. Thank you Sarah & CRUMB for
hosting this hot issue

Current project examples i am working on at the Netherlands Media Art
Institute:
Inside Installations Http://www.Inside-Installations.org with a
conference to come in summer 2010
Inside Movement Knowledge a two-year collaborative, interdisciplinary
research project into new methods for the documentation,
transmission and preservation of contemporary choreographic and dance
knowledge. http://insidemovementknowledge.net
Gateway to Archives of Media Art Http://www.gama-gateway.eu  to be
launched at Ars Electronica September 2009

For me the main questions related to the documentation topic at the
moment are:
- what is or should be the life span of a media art work
- could we see this art form in the way we look at theater, music or
dance were only documentation will survive
- what would than be the best way to document
- what best practice and strategies in documenting media art should be
developed and done and not least by whom?

Gaby Wijers

Coordinator Collectie
Nederlands Instituut voor Mediakunst
Keizersgracht 264
1016 EV Amsterdam
T 020 6237101 | F 020 6244423
[log in to unmask] | www.nimk.nl

Fluid Architectures
30 mei - 16 augustus
Met: Annja Krautgasser, Walter Langelaar, Jan Robert Leegte, Dirk
Lüsebrink/Joachim Sauter, Mader Stublic Wiermann, Michael Najjar, Mark
Napier, Marnix de Nijs, Stanza, Pablo Valbuena

10 juni Lezing door Jan Robert Leegte, 19.00 uur
13 juni Workshop door Walter Langelaar, 11.00 – 19.00 uur