Hello CRUMB list

Apologies for interrupting the conversation.

I just realized we hadn't properly announced that CRUMB is organising
a series of curatorial masterclasses with our research partner
Eyebeam in New York coming up next month!

http://eyebeam.org/events/summer-school-curatorial-masterclass-series

The full schedule will be announced next week, but for now, here is
the teaser:

----

An initiative of Eyebeam's Summer School program, the Curatorial
Masterclass Series will be led by Eyebeam Research Partner Sarah Cook
from CRUMB, the online resource for curators working with media art,
and Eyebeam's inaugural Curatorial Fellow in 2008. The series will be
an opportunity for emerging and established curators of art to get
together within a focused period of time to learn from each other's
practice, and to develop understanding of new media art, open source
methods, and working in the public domain, within the wider fields of
art and cultural production.

Through filmed discussions with guests such as Steve Dietz, Patrick
Lichty, and Eyebeam Executive Director Amanda McDonald Crowley, the
Curatorial Masterclass Series will examine themes such as: What open
source is and what it means for art - Fair use, copyright, and the
role of publication and documentation in curatorial practice -
Collaborations and international networks - Working in the public
domain - Evaluation and getting to know your audiences.

The Curatorial Masterclass Series will take place on Tuesday and
Thursdays from 3-5pm, from July 7th - July 21st. The first hour of
each session will be a formal conversation modeled on CRUMB's tea-
time chats, and will feature established curators and artists. The
second hour will be a rigorous participant driven discussion,
building upon the first hour's themes and insights.

Following each presentation and workshop, participants will have the
opportunity to stick around for "beer o'clock" and conversations with
presenters and fellow masterclass participants, as well as
participants from other Eyebeam Summer School programs.

Registration will be strictly limited. Please email stephanie [at]
eyebeam [dot] com for further details.

----

Therefore, I'll be in New York for three weeks in July and would love
to meet up with any of you at any of these or Eyebeam's other events.
Cheers
Sarah