----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Jon Cannon
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 2:02 PM
Subject: Re: [M-R] mitred abbots

...So were the mitred abbots a specifically English breed? I'd always imagined this was some special status that only a pope could confer, and that it was equally possible anywhere in western Christendom.

Interesting...

Jon

View your Twitter and Flickr updates from one place - Learn more! ********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: join medieval-religion YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: leave medieval-religion to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/medieval-religion.html