Dear Lis-Pub-Libs Group

After two years the Central Library in Cambridge is near completion and we’ll
be opening late September.  As part of our pre-launch we’re going to hold a
series of group visits and tours. We’re looking at having a two week period of
testing sessions to give our systems and staff hands on experience, and to
iron out any problems before opening the doors.

Have any of you recently experienced launching a new library? What type of
pre-opening programme did you run, what experiences did you have and what
types of groups did you invite to test out your facilities?

We hope to open our doors to the public a couple of days before the official
launch for a couple of hours at a time, have any of you experienced this type
of opening?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Best wishes

Alan Seiglow
Venue Manager - Central Library, Cambridge
Cambridgeshire County Council
Roger Ascham Library Site
Ascham Road
Cambridge