Hi all,

Toby has asked if I could forward the below message onto the UK LibQUAL+ community. I hope those of you who completed in 2009 part 1 are now enjoying the fruits of your labour and are pouring over your results. Additional analysis services are available, please contact me if you are interested.

With every best wishes,
Selena.

+++ Please distribute to senior staff +++

This is a call for expressions of interest in membership of SCONUL’s Working Group on Performance Improvement
http://www.sconul.ac.uk/groups/performance_improvement/  Currently there are two vacancies, caused by Tracey Stanley's move out of higher education, and Jean Yeoh's impending retirement.  This particular Working Group has long been responsible for one of SCONUL's flagship products, the Annual Library Statistics.  It also takes a strategic view of performance improvement in libraries.

Specially welcome, but not essential, would be approaches from people interested in developing our annual statistical series, or in library user surveys and/or our Performance Portal.  Do have a look at the information about the Working Group appearing on the website.  The following brief profile gives a broad specification of what we look for in members of the Working Group. (General information about the operation of our working groups is given at
http://www.sconul.ac.uk/activities/groups_guide.doc)

Working Group on Performance Improvement

Members of the Group are SCONUL Representatives or senior members of staff of SCONUL member libraries who have an interest in the theory and practice of performance measurement and performance improvement, and experience of innovating or developing practice in this area.  They should be willing to take the lead and work on the development of one or more of the Working Group's projects or deliverables.

Appointments resulting from this call for interest will take effect from approximately mid-July and the term of office will come to an end at the close of SCONUL’s Annual General Meeting in 2012.
I should be grateful to receive expressions of interest  -  electronic versions only, please, by 19 June

Rupert Wood, the Group's Secretary,
would be very happy to talk informally to anyone who might like more of an insider view on the Group.   He can be contacted at 0118 378 6784.

-  Toby

Toby Bainton
SCONUL (Society of College, National and University Libraries)
102 Euston Street           London NW1 2HA            England

Tel:020 7387 0317 (+44-20-7387-0317)     Fax:020 7383 3197 (+44-20-7383-3197)
www.sconul.ac.uk

Incorporated in England as a company limited by guarantee.  Registration 1436951.  Registered office as above.  Charity Commission registration 278550

Selena Killick
Research & Development Officer
DCMT Library
Cranfield University