Hello Imose

Are you looking for

A) Supplemental Instruction/ Peer Assisted Learning in which second and
final year students run structured sessions a little bit like revision
classes to test encourage students to reflect on what they are learning
in lectures and seminars?

B) Buddying - in which second and final year students act as big
brothers and sisters and are available to show students the ropes,
introduce them to the campus and act as a point of contact for new
students feeling low/ concerned etc?

There are two big centres for Supplemental Instruction/ Peer Assisted
Learning in the UK

(for info about Supplemental Instruction see
http://www.umkc.edu/cad/SI/)

Manchester who are the UK centre for the SI model developed at UMKC
http://www.campus.manchester.ac.uk/tlso/studentsaspartners/peersupport/s
ettingup/

Bournemouth run PAL following an FDTL project
http://pal.bournemouth.ac.uk/

If you are looking for buddying training materials then I've got a
workshop used in our school of Art & Design last year that you are
welcome to look at.

Ed

Ed Foster, Study Support Co-ordinator, Nottingham Trent University, (t)
0115 848 8203

Welcome Week 2009
Friday 2nd- Sunday 11th October 2009