From: learning development in higher education network on behalf of Sandra Sinfield
Sent: Wed 24/06/2009 08:50
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Abundance of Academic Referencing Style

Thanks for this lovely brief 'essay' on referencing, which I placed in
my 'resources' file! Yes, re-purposing looms (no, not plagiarism!)

Like everybody else in the UK we have had a moral panic over referencing
& plagiarism - and at one point we were tasked to de facto re-direct all
the Learning Development budget to run anti-plagiarism classes for
naughty students. Instead I devised an on-line course - with, I hope, a
little humour for the students - and using Leicester's already extant
resources (with their permission!). See:

http://learning.londonmet.ac.uk/TLTC/learnhigher/Plagiarism/

And I have what I hope are some good notemaking resources here -
prevention being better than cure:

http://www.learnhigher.ac.uk/learningareas/notemaking/home.htm

See what you think of the NoteMaker...
Best,