From: learning development in higher education network on behalf of Michelle Reid
Sent: Fri 12-06-2009 13:25
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Resources for academic English for home students - thank you

Hi All,

Thank you very much to John, Peter and Martin for your excellent suggestions (LDHEN list comes up trumps again!)

I'll be passing on links to your resources to our Centre for Applied Language Studies (CALS) which runs our EAP courses too as I am sure they will find them helpful.

An additional reason behind making the request to the list was our CALS and Study Advice teams are in the initial stages of planning a joint project to produce an interactive guide to resources to help develop academic English. It is very early days at the moment but we were concious there are a lot of very good existing resources out there and we don't want to reinvent the wheel. However, collating and directing students to these sites with some mediation may be a way for students to see what is available.

Many thanks again for your help,
Michelle

Dr Michelle Reid, University Study Adviser and LearnHigher Research Officer
Carrington Building, Whiteknights, University of Reading, RG6 6UA| ( 0118 378 4242| : www.rdg.ac.uk/studyadvice