I've never tried it, and never read the documentation fully but the documentation for Novell Access Manager 3.1, a SAML IdP like Shibboleth has a section on integrating Sharepoint via ADFS and WS Federation. The relevant bit is here

http://www.novell.com/documentation/novellaccessmanager31/adminguide/?page=/documentation/novellaccessmanager31/adminguide/data/bgxkfc1.html

The Shib documentation also covers ADFS and WS Federation ( https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB/ShibADFS). It's part of the Shib 1 docs but I found another note that the functionality had been carried forward in to 2.0

So you may be able to do something around this. It's something I'll have to look in in 6-8 months, so if you get anywhere I'd love to hear about it.

Cheers

dave