From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records on behalf of BAJRWebsite.ORG
Sent: Sat 6/6/2009 3:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: HLS and metal-detecting

Remember of course that this does not mean no detecting or archaeological
fieldwork on the areas NOT identified as site in the agreement...   (I know
too much about this  :)     )         however, does finding a new site mean
that the agreement has to be altered?   I always found teh NAtural England
people very open and agreeable to discussion.  as there is a whole other
raft of potential pitfalls, where an ara might be protected for reasons
other than archaeological sites...  so...  a crested newt colony may be in
an area not designated as an archaeological site, but would also preclude
any activity..  given the possibility of standing on a newt  or crushing a
rare flower.

Peter McCrone is yer man...  as has been said.   and I would always discuss
with Natural England anyway as a mater of course, if a farm was under any
form of steardship, to ensure all angles were covered.

David Connolly
British Archaeological Jobs Resource
BAJR - www.bajr.org
Traprain House
Luggate Burn
Whittingehame
East Lothian
EH41 4QA

T: 01620 861643
M 0787 6528 498
E [log in to unmask]

Archaeology for All!

are addressed. Use outwith this may be unlawful.

This message is intended for the use of the addressee only and may
contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received it in
error please notify the sender and destroy it. You may not use it or copy
it to anyone else.

E-mail is not a secure communications medium. Please be aware of this
when replying.

Although East Sussex County Council has taken steps to ensure that this
e-mail and any attachments are virus free, we can take no responsibility
if a virus is actually present and you are advised to ensure that the
appropriate checks are made.

You can visit our website at http://www.eastsussex.gov.uk