Message
Hi Helen (and all),

I would think of our HER as both library and archive, but like you we are being 'recanted' to another office in two months time where there is no room for our considerable paper archive. We are about half way through a digitisation process (with an external contractor) and will hopefully get the other half finished before the move (budget willing) - but likewise it appears that any paper records are seen by some as a hindrance to the vision of a 'paper-less office' that we must all subscribe to. They will be stored within walking distance from our new offices and I will have all the scanned records on an external hard-drive so they will still be on-hand for consultation.

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone!

thanks

Alex

Alex Godden

Archaeologist/ Historic Data Manager