Dear All,

I have received this from David Elliott, Executive Secretary of the
Royal Astronomical Society.  Please do draw it to the attention
of anyone you know who has suitable skills.  Geophysical Journal
International is sufficiently important to the geophysical community
that it is in our best interests to find the best possible
candidate for this important job.

Regards,
Sheila Peacock.

Dear Sheila

Would you be able to post this on [log in to unmask]  ? I am not sure of its protocols.
However if you can here it is...

'The Royal Astronomical Society is looking for an Editorial Assistant to process research
papers submitted for publication in the Society's journals, Geophysical Journal International
and Monthly Notices.

This is an administrative position which involves using an on-line submission and tracking
system and handling the resulting correspondence with authors, editors, referees and the
publisher.  Good English, communication skills and computer capability are essential, while
a scientific background and interest in astronomy and/or geophysics is highly desirable.
Degree level education is preferred. Experience of working on academic journals would be
helpful but is not essential.

Salary - £23,636, including London Weighting. Applications including a CV, covering letter
and the names of two referees should be addressed to Dr Kim Clube, Editorial Office Manager,
Royal Astronomical Society, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London, W1J 0BQ or emailed to

Applications from people wishing to work part-time or from home (in the UK) will be
considered.  Key dates: Application deadline 26/6/09.  Candidates shortlisted for interview
(which will be held in London during the following two weeks) will be informed by email no
later than 2nd July. The position will be available from mid July or as soon as possible after.

Full details can be found at http://tinyurl.com/or73fw '

Thanks!

David Elliott
Executive Secretary