Thanks Saad,

So it means an upper-triangular representation.

However, I want to use the data with another software, interpreting
nifti tensor matrices according to the NIFTI_INTENT codes.
E.g. a diffusion tensor by "NIFTI_INTENT_SYMMATRIX". As far as I can
see, FSL writes the elements along dim4 and not according to the
NIFTI_INTENT codes (which has tensor elements in dim5).

Is there any good way of going between FSL format and the NIFTI matrix formats?

Regards,
 Finn

--
Finn Lennartsson