Hi - sounds like you have bad outliers - I would start by looking at
the "filtered_func_data" and "var_filtered_func_data" inputs to the
higher-level analyses, that are stored in the ---.gfeat/cope*.feat
directories. Load these into FSLView, turn on timeseries viewing, and
check for clear outlier subjects.

Cheers.

+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)