thanks for your comments, Murat.

> Have the segmentation classification results with FAST 3 been
> obtained with PVE or hard segmentation?

I suspect I used hard segmentation with FAST 3 but am not positive.
(my interface to FAST was an older version of BioImage Suite, which
called FAST 3 for segmentation. I was not familiar with FAST at the
time, so was not paying attention to hard vs pve at the time. I don't
have pve images from that analysis, and the segmentation images I do
have look all or none, rather than graded like the pve images I get
from FAST 4. so I would guess that I did a hard segmentation.)

> In my experiments with FAST 4, I see that the GM volume measurement
> with hard segmentation is consistently less than the PVE
> measurement on the same subject.

interesting, GM volume is really LESS for hard seg (not more)? in my
data I'm seeing that GM vol is greater for (what I presume is) hard
seg in fast3, vs pve in fast4

> On another note, I see on my experiments that GM/WM is closer to 1.15.

this is nice to hear! thanks for checking.

--Jeremy