Hi,

There are a few differences in FAST 4 - especially with respect to the
partial volume
estimation and the fact that it uses an MRF on the mixture type
(mixeltype) which
tends to give more pure (100%) tissue voxels in the middle of white
and grey matter.
However, I am surprised to hear that there is such a large difference
in your data.

What do the differences between the pve images look like between the
methods?
That is, take the grey matter PVE in both cases and do the subtraction
of them,
then view this in FSLView.  Does it look unusual?  Does the difference
tend to
concentrate in some areas (e.g. deep-grey structures, border of GM and
CSF, etc.)?
Or is there just a general bias one way across the whole image?
Knowing this
info will help work out what is going on.

If you cannot work out what is the predominant difference then feel
free to upload
the data to our upload site and we will take a look at it.

All the best,
	Mark