hey warren
i did much of my master's on bakhtin, and dedicated a chunk of my phd
thesis to bakhtin/dialogism and deleuze, and am very well-versed in
robert stam's what-is-up-to-now-authoritative work on bakhtin and
cinema. i would be happy to review the book
yours
hunter
hunter vaughan is currently lecturer of film and media studies at
washington university in st louis. his research interests include film
theory and philosophy, new media, and problems of gender and race in
audio-visual representation.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 7:42 AM, warren buckland<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I'm looking for an expert in film theory and Bakhtin to write a review essay
> (around 3,000 words) for the *New Review of Film and Television Studies* on
> the following book:
>
> Bakhtin and the Movies
> Martin Flanagan
> Palgrave Macmillan, 2009.
>
> If you would like to review the book, please email me offlist (
> [log in to unmask] ), giving a short bio of your research interests.
> Deadline for the completed review is December 1 2009.
>
> Warren Buckland
>
> Just published:
> Warren Buckland (ed), *Film Theory and Contemporary Hollywood Movies*
> (Routledge, 2009). Full table of contents at:
> www.routledge.com/books/Film-Theory-and-Contemporary-Hollywood-Movies-isbn9780415962629
>
> *
> *
> Film-Philosophy salon
> After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are
> replying to.
> To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to:
> Or visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/film-philosophy.html
> For help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon.
> *
> Film-Philosophy online: http://www.film-philosophy.com
> Contact: [log in to unmask]
> **