Dear all,

I would like to draw your attention to the Seminar on 'China's Health Care Reform', to be held by the Office of Health Economics (OHE) on 12th June 2009, 12.00-2.30pm. Please see below the invitation letter and the programme. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Qing Wang

***************************************
Dr. Qing Wang
Health Economist
Office of Health Economics
12 Whitehall
London SW1A 2DY
Tel: + 44 (0)20 7747 8854
Cell: +44 (0)7889 641 892
Fax: + 44 (0)20 7747 8852
email: [log in to unmask]
http://www.ohe.org
***************************************

Invitation Letter

Dear Colleague,

OHE Lunchtime Seminar with Professor Winnie Yip (Oxford University)
China’s Health Care Reform: Opportunities and Challenges
Friday 12th June 2009

Professor Yip is an expert in designs and evaluations of health care systems. Her primary research aims to answer the question, “how to structure health care systems to provide sustainable financing and efficient delivery of effective health care to the vulnerable population and to those who are most in need?” She answers this question by conducting social experiments and rigorous and empirically-based evaluation of health system interventions. She has studied health care systems in Asia extensively, especially China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.

On 6th April 2009, China unveiled its latest health care reform plan, with a decision to increase the government’s spending on health care by 850 billion RMB (82.5 billion GBP) in the next three years. The fundamental question that China faces now is, “how can China assure that the additional funding will result in effective health care?” In this presentation, Professor Yip will describe China’s current healthcare reform plan and discuss the extent to which it addresses the challenges faced by China’s health care system and the opportunities it holds.
I hope you will join, and actively participate in, this discussion at the OHE at 12 Whitehall on 12th June 2009.  A buffet lunch will be available from 12:00 noon.  The formal business of the seminar will begin promptly with Professor Yip’s presentation at 12:30 pm, followed by discussion, and will conclude at 2:00 pm.
Please let me know if you would like to attend the seminar by returning the attached form.  If you are unable to attend but think that a colleague might like to, please pass this letter and the reply form to them.

Yours faithfully

Professor Adrian Towse Director

Programme

OHE Lunchtime Seminar with Professor Winnie Yip Oxford University
China’s Health Care Reform: Opportunities and Challenges

Friday 12th June 2009

Time: 12:00-2:00 pm, Friday 12th June 2009. A buffet lunch will be available from 12:00 noon. The seminar will start promptly at 12.30 pm and finish promptly at 2.00 pm.

Venue: Trafalgar Room Office of Health Economics 12 Whitehall London SW1A 2DY

By invitation only.

Please complete the details below and e-mail, fax or post back to:
Office of Health Economics, 12 Whitehall, London SW1A 2DY.
Fax: 0207 747 8851
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Name:
Address:

Tel./Fax No.:
E-mail:
Special dietary requirements:

§ I am able/unable to attend on Friday 12th June 2009.
§ I would like to continue to receive invitations for similar events in future from OHE/ Please take me off your mailing list for future events.

Please delete as appropriate

更多热辣资讯尽在新版MSN首页! 立刻访问!

使用新一代 Windows Live Messenger 轻松交流和共享! 立刻下载!