Hello all
An interesting night for British politics: for me the low point was the election in Yorkshire of Andrew Brons of the BNP to the European Parliament. Brons was a prominent member and one-time leader of the National Front in the 1970s, and has an unapplealing pedigree.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Brons
I've just signed the 'Not in my name' petition at the 'Hope not hate' website (affiliated with Searchlight).
http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/
James

*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at: http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]