Who was collecting information about private ESOl provision?I have found out that one of my good E2 students, who is anxious to renew her visa/ get permission to remain etc, paid £300 last week to a provider and for that she got a pack of  black and white downloaded/photocopied? E1 learner materials unit 1 to 10 to work through at home, a test in a month's time and a certificate. I asked if the provider looks at her work and she said she hands it all back at the end. I saw an evaluation sheet she is expected to fill in all about the quality of the provision; tuition etc.   I have yet to ask if they have provided her with a CD/cassette to accompany the materials.She doesn't know anything about the test, examiner etc yet. Contact me if it is you that wants the info.Isabel Arnold
Get the best of MSN on your mobile
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/147991039/direct/01/
ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds.
To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html
A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at:
http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm
To contact the list owner, send an email to