Dear members,

The next meeting of the JISC Learning and Teaching Practice Experts Group will be taking place on Wednesday 8th July at the Mecure Holland House HotelBristol.

The agenda for the meeting is attached and also available from http://www.jisc.ac.uk/whatwedo/programmes/elearningpedagogy/elearningexperts/jul09.aspx  together with the online booking form. Registration for this meeting closes on the 1st July.

The theme of this meeting is Responding to Learners and we have an exciting and packed agenda. This meeting will consider the final outcomes and recommendations from the Learner Experiences of e-Learning programme (LEX), and findings of the LliDA (Learning Literacies in a Digital Age) project. Experts will be asked how institutions, practitioners and funders such as the JISC should respond to these findings, and what issues should be prioritised in future funding. Exemplars will be showcased to illustrate how some institutions are responding to the emerging themes. Discussions will be facilitated by members of the project teams involved in the Learner Experiences of e-Learning Programme.

Members will also receive copies of the new Effective Practice in a Digital Age publication due to be launched on the 30th June. See www.jisc.ac.uk/practice for further information.

We will be using a twitter tag of '#jiscexperts09' for those members who would like to contribute to the discussions via Twitter.

For those members at the April Experts meeting, and who were interested in gaining access to Birmingham City University's Shareville which was demonstrated by Alan Staley, access is now available at http://shareville.bcu.ac.uk
Alan would welcome feedback on this resource ([log in to unmask])

 Please note the date for our remaining 2009 meeting is 21st October 2009

 We look forward to welcoming you to this meeting and to some stimulating discussion.

Best regards,

Sarah

Programme Manager: JISC e-Learning Programme
JISC Innovation Group
3rd Floor, Beacon House
Queen's Road
Bristol