From: Fiona Valentine
To: Mr. Peter Quinn
To: DIS-FORUM
To: DISSUPCORD
Sent: 3 Jun 2009 15:09
Subject: Re: Fw: Meeting with Coordinators

Peter

Many thanks for this, it is much appreciated.  I feel there is much value in sharing best practice and so not reinventing the wheel !

I also think the sessions would be best focussed on how to ensure best practice for us all to provide best service to our students.  For example

cancellation policies,
what does your ILP look like
Do you submit these to funding bodies, if so how and when
Do you provide support prior to AoN, based on acceptable evidence
Do you record what is undertaken in individual sessions, if so how
How do you deal with students who want to access support on a irregular basis

I do not want to be involved in any session that focusses on banging the drum against SLC.

Any thoughts on the timing of these events?

Fiona Valentine

Co ordinator of the Support Worker Service
Disability Advisory Team
Student Services
University of Central Lancashire
Marsh Building
Marsh Lane
Preston
Lancs
PR1 2HE

01772 892608

>>> Peter Quinn <[log in to unmask]> 03/06/2009 11:21 >>>

Dear All,

Still happy to host the Southern meeting of coordinators if that would be helpful?

Pete
==============================
Peter Quinn
Senior Disability Officer
University of Oxford

View the University's first Disability Equality Scheme( DES) and 2007 and 2008 Annual Reports at http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/eop/disab/des.shtml

T.   +44 01865 289840
F.   +44 01865 289830
E.    [log in to unmask]
W.   www.admin.ox.ac.uk/eop/
Post: Disability Advisory Service, Equality & Diversity Unit, University Offices, Wellington Square, Oxford OX1 2JD
In person by appointment only: to 5 Worcester Street Oxford [2nd floor] level access to main entrance [automatic door with lift access to second floor] or University Offices, Wellington Square [ramped access to main entrance manned by receptionist and lift access to all areas].
[map of these locations can be found by clicking on ,http://www.google.com/maps?q=ox1+2bx, http://www.google.com/m

------Original Message Truncated------
Pete
Peter Quinn