From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. on behalf of Amanda Kent
Sent: Tue 6/2/2009 8:14 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: quotes for support tutoring

Anthony H is correct, it is not a zero-sum game (the two quotations only
makes it look that way). Non zero sum is non-strictly competitive, therefore
communication and co-operation between players is the best strategy for all
in the game. In the case of NMH supply, the methods of communication
appear rudimentary and information is incomplete but cooperation between
players should in theory be possible. Trust is a key issue here,
Amanda

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 14:29:26 +0100, Anthony Healy
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Dear Penny
>
>Couldn't agree more. This is not rocket science, but the fact that the big
mover in
>question can seemingly justify these expensive arrangements with relative
impunity is
>testament to the lack of "joined-up" thinking.
>
>A central register of 'non-medical helpers' as discussed by Ros with the SLC,
and a
>website where practitioners can list their credentials is a good start. Though
I suspect
>that until the much-awaited SLA for the NMH sector is hammered out, these
loopholes will
>continue to be exploited.
>
>Suffice to say, that there are private companies (e.g. Clear Links, Claro
Learning) - who