You could try the 'Save As Daisy' plug-in for Word:
http://www.daisy.org/projects/save-as-daisy-microsoft/  I realise you
probably don't want to save documents to DAISY format but you could use the
Add-in (which sits as toolbar in Word) to check for document structure etc.

Alternatively you could use a Word toolbar I've put together based on the
JISC TechDis Accessibility Essentials series:

www.scottish-rscs.org.uk/Formatting_Word_Toolbar.dot

It allows users to create accessible Word documents with ease. I know one
college who use it as their default Word template. They use a combination of
the Toolbar to create accessible documents and then use the DAISY plug-in to
check everything is okay.

Craig

  _____