Hi Julian,

> While we're at it...:

:-)

> back when I implemented RFC 2731 in a
> product, I came across several implementation issues that I
> think could be clarified (potentially in examples as well):
>
> - Is the string "scheme" to be matched case-sensitively? I'm
> asking because link relations in HTML are matched
> case-insensitively in practice.

In the XSLT, the match is not case-sensitive.

> - How about the prefix?

Again, the match on the prefix is not case-sensitive either.

e.g.
http://www.incognitum.net/petej/projects/dc/documents/2008/08/04/dc-html
/ex06-b/

has

<link rel="SCHEMA.DC" href="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" />

and generates predicate http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/title

http://www.w3.org/2007/08/grddl/?docAddr=http://www.incognitum.net/petej
/projects/dc/documents/2008/08/04/dc-html/ex06-b/

You're right that the current document isn't clear on either of these
points. I'll add a note to the replacement draft to try to clarify.

> - Is ordering of prefix declarations and meta elements
> significant? Does a prefix declaration need to occur before
> the first time the prefix is used?

No, it can occur afterwards. Again, you're right, this isn't clear. I'll
add a note to section 4.2.

> - What happens if the same prefix is declared multiple times?
> Closest predecessor wins?

The last/latest declaration is used - I think this point is covered by
the existing text:

"If the prefix has been associated with multiple URIs (though multiple
namespace declarations) then the prefix is associated with the namespace
URI specified in the latest declaration in the DC-HTML instance."

and by examples 11 and 12.

I guess really that text should say "in the latest declaration for that
prefix in the DC-HTML instance."

Pete