Hi everyone

Today I chanced on one of what I know is a growing breed of web site, that
automatically gathers information on individuals that is gleaned via search
engines - I've met sites like this before.

This one is based in Vienna, but operates with a UK URL
http://www.123people.co.uk There are also at least another six 123people
subdomains out there, see
this<https://secure.uk2.net/cgi-bin/register/domains.pl?domain=123people>.
plus others eg http://www.123people.de/ http://www.123people.es/

123people is a *real time people search tool* that looks into nearly every
corner of the web. Using our proprietary search algorithm, you can find
comprehensive and centralized people related information consisting of
images, videos, phone numbers, email addresses, social networking and
Wikipedia profiles and much more. All rich media profile content is pulled
from an extensive list of international as well as regional relevant
sources. 123people is also a social activity that applies crowd wisdom.
Users can add information to every single search result, giving it more
relevance with details that are yet not found in the Internet. This takes
the quality of people search to the next level.

123people launched in Europe by European-based IT and telecom incubator,
i5invest <http://www.i5invest.com/>.
Imprint

123people Internetservices GmbH
Feldgasse 1/29, 1080 Vienna, Austria
CEO: Russell E. List-Perry
Email: [log in to unmask]
VAT Number: ATU 63620914
DVR Number: 3003135
Landesgericht Korneuburg, FN298562m
Chamber: Wirtschaftskammer Österreich - http://www.wko.at

I note that the "reputation control"
page<http://www.123people.co.uk/page/reputation_en>does not offer the
option of opting in, or the option of opting out, of the
service.

Any comments on this kind of site, be they based in the UK, Europe, or
elsewhere, would be interesting.

regards

mark