According to the interviewee on the Chris Evans show last night it can take up to 4 weeks to remove the number. I suspect this might be down to an in house expectation of a rush to remove numbers from their list!  In the meantime we get bothered with calls asking us if we want calls?

-----Original Message-----
From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Carter, Antoinette (Global IS)
Sent: 10 June 2009 15:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [data-protection] Mobile Phone directory

They've probably got more calls coming in than they can handle.  I also wonder just how effective and/or quick they will be about removing the data from their database.  Has anyone actually tried to get hold of someone's number rather than just tried to opt-out of having theirs given out?  I think it's worth asking for my own number to see whether I'm listed in the 1st place, and then see what happens next......