The website says

"You can become ex-directory by texting the letter ‘E’ to 118800 from the mobile phone you want to be made ex-directory or you can call us on 0800 138 6263."

Unless I've read it wrongly, that suggests that you can phone to become ex-directory, and as 0800 numbers should be free from a landline, I just tried it (called timed at 13:55).

I got the following recorded message

"thank you for calling 118 800 Customer Services. Our opening hours are 9am - 5pm M-F except public holidays. Please call back during opening hours"

Hm. Not exactly customer service......................

Regards, Jane

> Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:50:45 +0100
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: [data-protection] Mobile Phone directory
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> On one of their interviews yesterday (I am ashamed at my tender age to
> say it might have been Radio 4!!) they specifically said that they did
> not charge for the texts to it would only be the customer's own standard
> network tariff cost.
>

> However, watch this space as I have used the text service to opt-out and
> I will let you know if I get charged more than 10p for the privilege!
>

> Regards,
>

> Clare
>

> If you intend to send personal data to this e-mail address, please be
> advised that these will be used by Ford Financial, our group, their and
> our representatives, agents and contractors, any assignees, transferees
> of the above referred to parties for controller business administration,
> statistical analysis and management reporting and may therefore be
> accessed by other members of this organisation. This information may
> also be transferred to our group outside the EEA. If you are sending the
> personal data of other individuals, please ensure that you have their
> consent to do so and that they are aware of the uses to which Ford
> Financial will put these data.

With Windows Live, you can organise, edit, and share your photos.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/134665338/direct/01/