  From: Tom Barker
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 12:50 PM
  Subject: Re: Carbon Balanced by the World Land Trust. Offset your carbon dioxide emissions

  Gosh, I really hate to promote my own publication and everything, but a group of us in Cheshire produced a sustainability guide in March for the new unitary authority, so they could embark upon a sustainability drive.  it was immediately adopted by the new council and has been cut-and-pasted by other authorities.  Apparently it ticks a box on their obligations to central government, so Councils find it easy to adopt.  Doing that commits them to support local groups who want to do exactly what we're talking about.  I'll attach it. Please get your local council to adopt it.  It's made to do that job, is copyright-free etc.  So delete the bits related to Cheshire, add in some more relevant to your area, add your name to the author list, and present it to the Councillors in your Local Authority who are interested in sustainability issues.  For anyone who wants it, a Word version can be obtained from me.

  Cheers, Tom

  PS. and Jonathan, your text was not too long, or boring. That is the reality. I haven't seen some friends for years. The Global Village if for people who haven't thought hard enough yet.