As a symbolic movement it doesn't interest me but it is extremely interesting in terms of method and style. I also have never seen flarfing as a single, isolated strategy - wouldn't that be just found poetry but from the net? It just becomes a gimmick
Much more interesting when the boundaries are blurred between the 'written' and the 'non-written'; when the outcomes are similar - i think that questions a lot about contemporary avant gardist writing - how much of it is bluff or fluff

Message Received: Jun 18 2009, 09:37 PM
From: "David Bircumshaw"
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Fluffy Flarfistes

http://www.pw.org/content/can_flarf_ever_be_taken_seriously

with pin-up photograph

--
David Bircumshaw
"Nothing can be done in the face
of ordinary unhappiness" - PP
Website and A Chide's Alphabet
http://www.staplednapkin.org.uk
The Animal Subsides http://www.arrowheadpress.co.uk/books/animal.html
Leicester Poetry Society: http://www.poetryleicester.co.uk

James Davies: Editor if p then q
www.ifpthenq.co.uk
www.otherroom.org

OUT NOW:

if p then q Text Festival Special Spring 2009 issue 3 (featuring A3 colour posters by Anne Charnock, Craig Dworkin, Geof Huth, P. Inman & Tom Jenks) - http://www.ifpthenq.co.uk/magazine.html

FORTHCOMING

Lucy Harvest Clarke - Poetry Collection - Summer 2009

if p then q issue 4 - Caroline Bergvall, Allen Fisher, Richard Makin, Lucy Harvest Clarke, Andrew Shelley, Scott Thurston and more - September 2009

Geof Huth - Poetry Collection - Christmas 2009

PREVIOUSLY:

if p then q spring 2008 issue 1 (Tom Jenks, Ceri Buck, Andrew Shelley, Tony Trehy, James Davies on P. Inman's 4 or 5, A Cd of readings by Ceri Buck and Tom Jenks) -http://www.ifpthenq.co.uk/magazine.html

TOM JENKS  - A PRIORI  - http://www.ifpthenq.co.uk/books.html or www.amazon.co.uk

JOY AS TIRESOME VANDALISM - aRb (2 volumes) http://www.ifpthenq.co.uk/others.html

p.inman - AD FINITUM - http://www.ifpthenq.co.uk/books.html or www.amazon.co.uk

if p then q autumn 2008 issue 2 (featuring p.inman, Scott Thurston, Janis Butler Holm, Michael Gibbs, Bill Allen on Michael Gibbs, Tony Trehy meets Robert Grenier, Joy as Tiresome Vandalism (aRb Versions) - http://www.ifpthenq.co.uk/magazine.html

hod and s