Hi All,

We're in the process of planning/testing our upgrade from Bb 7.3 to 9. So
far, this appears to have been a process of cataloguing and reporting
numerous errors/bugs - to the extent where any potential benefits of the new
version have been far outweighed by the negatives of the bugs. I've added a
list of our current outstanding tickets with Bb for info. Are we alone in
this or is everyone else finding similar issues? We really need to make a
decision by the end of next week as to whether to upgrade or not and, I have
to say at the moment, it's touch and go as to whether we will!

I'd very much appreciate the opinions of others as to whether they have
decide to upgrade or not, whether the issues we are experiencing are common
or unique to our installation etc etc.

Oh, and according to Bb, we're in competition with another UK institution as
to who is submitting the most tickets around upgrading so if you're that
institution let me know as perhaps a combined approach might yield speedier
results on fixing our issues!!

-------------------

Key issues so far:

Edit text on Course Menu item ­ text is not displayed

Editing an item to set it's colour does not work

Overlap/display issues on Contacts

What's New Module - "dismiss all" does not work

Where are "tab properties" to control who can see a tab and set availability

Can we rename tools systemwide?

How to access old dropbox files and clean up old dropbox links

How to get rid of "my places" in the top menu ­ option not available

How to add announcements to course homepage ­ option not availbale

JVM settings under SP1 for Bb9

GradeCenter: Manage -> Categories gives a database Error

Understanding the "What's New" Portal module ­ update timing and performance

Database error when setting default content modules on Home tab

How to clear personalised layout settings in the portal

Best wishes,

Stan

Dr R Stanier
Head of Academic Computing