Dear Colleagues

It is with great sadness that I am passing on the news of the recent death of Penny Carter who passed away very peacefully after suffering a long illness. Penny’s last post was as the Librarian at the National Gallery of Scotland in Edinburgh. She was greatly respected and very popular within the Scottish art library community. During her career Penny also attended a number of ARLIS events and was a valued member of an ARLIS committee.

I am sure all ARLIS members would want to join me in sending our condolences to Penny’s colleagues, friends and family.

Pat Christie

ARLIS Chair

cid:image001.jpg@01C9F5BE.32115D80

For up to date information on forthcoming workshops and free visits please see the online ARLIS/UK & Ireland Events Calendar 2008 at http://www.arlis.org.uk/