EAST MIDLANDS PUBLIC HEALTH OBSERVATORY
(hosted by Nottingham City Primary Care Trust)

POST:  TRAINEE PUBLIC HEALTH ANALYST
SALARY:  BAND 5 £20,710 - £26,839 PER ANNUM
HOURS:  37.5 PER WEEK
BASE:  PLEASLEY VALE BUSINESS PARK, MANSFIELD
CONTRACT:  FIXED TERM UNTIL SEPTEMBER 2011
JOB REFERENCE:  595-NC-0906-201
CLOSING DATE:  6th JULY 2009

We wish to appoint a trainee public health analyst at the East Midlands Public Health Observatory (EMPHO) based at Pleasley Vale near Mansfield.  You will be part of a team providing public health intelligence and analytical support to EMPHO to improve health and reduce health inequalities.  There will also be opportunities to work with our sister organisation, the Trent Cancer Registry, and other NHS organisations and Local Authorities in the East Midlands.

You will be a graduate with self-management, team working and communication skills and have a firm base of knowledge and skills in data management, analysis and interpretation. Ideally you will also have relevant work experience.  Working alongside experienced analysts, you will have extensive opportunities to further develop your knowledge and skills. You will also have the opportunity to enrol (with study leave) for a funded Master in Public Health or similar relevant course.

A full driving licence and the ability to travel between locations is desirable.

For more information about the work of EMPHO and Trent Cancer Registry, visit the website at www.empho.org.uk  For an informal discussion about this post please contact Kath Roberts, Senior Public Health Analyst at EMPHO on 01623 812069

TO APPLY, VISIT THE NHS JOBS WEBSITE
https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/cgi-bin/vacdetails.cgi?selection=912277703

or http://www.jobs.nhs.uk and search using the job title or reference number

NHS Nottingham City reserves the right to close this post at any time.  Due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot respond to each applicant in person. Therefore, please assume that if you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date your application has not been successful  We are unable to accept CVs as part of an application.  When completing an application form please ensure you provide each referees' full name, organisation and full postal address.